After the fresh windows 10 installation, it’s also a good idea to check that Windows 10 isn’t missing any critical updates or drivers and properly activated.
To check for updates on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update –> Check for updates
Once you complete the steps, if Windows Update finds any updates, it’ll automatically download and install them. A restart may be required to complete the update process.
Check missing drivers and install Driver
To determine whether drivers are missing, use these steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the console.
- Confirm that none of the devices have a yellow or red mark, and make sure nothing is listed as unknown.
If one or multiple devices have problems, you may need to manually download and install the latest drivers from your computer manufacturer’s support website. You can use this guide to install device drivers on Windows 10.
Install missing drivers
On Windows 10, drivers can also be part of the optional updates. If you’re missing one or multiple drivers, you may be able to download them from Windows Update.
To download missing drivers using Windows Update, use these steps:
- Open Settings –> Update & Security –> Windows Update –> Click the View optional updates option.
- Click the Driver updates section.
- Select the missing driver.
- Click the Download and install button.
After you complete the steps, Windows Update will download and install the missing drivers automatically.
* If still have driver not update you can use Driver booster for free
To confirm Windows 10 was properly activated, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Activation.
- If Windows 10 activated successfully, one of the following messages would appear:
- Windows is activated with a digital license: The installation has been activated, but it isn’t linked to your Microsoft account.
- Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account: The installation has been activated, and the license is linked to your Microsoft account.
In the case that Windows 10 didn’t activate, the device will try to reactivate at a later time. If you’re still having issues after a couple of days, you can use the Activation Troubleshooter to activate.
If you use Spotify or iTunes to listen to tunes while working or surfing the internet, you can download these apps and other from Microsoft Store.
Also, it’s now a good time to download and install the suite of Office apps to start working with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and managing your emails with Outlook.